These pages are a small
glimpse at the content, of over 360 pages, ensconced in the book
From Ranch to Resort: The History of Sierra at Tahoe. Available at
Amazon, the resort and selected retailers in the South Lake Tahoe area.
The following chapters summarize the books contents. Select each image to
read that chapters overview.
1. Before the ranch
2. Sierra ski ranch-barretts
3. Sierra ski ranch-sprocks
5. The caldor fire
About the book
Over 360 pages of photographs, historical stories, records, statistics, trail maps, personal
anecdotes and behind the scenes secrets tell the story of Sierra Ski Ranch and Sierra-at-Tahoe.
Everything you want to know about your favorite winter resort is included within these pages.
- We have utilized historic photos, family snapshots and images from a host of excellent photographers to help tell the story.
- Throughout the book we relay the fond memories of Sierra’s founding families, its caretakers and their customers.
- We interviewed dozens of people, some in their 90s, to bring their stories of Sierra to you within these pages.
- No box, archive, filing cabinet or closet was left undisturbed in discovering not only what occurred, but why, in Sierra’s history.
Buy the book at Amazon,
at the resort and selected retailers in the South Lake Tahoe area, in both